LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER FOR THE 2018 SEASONUpdated Sunday March 18, 2018 by Julie Roberts.
Apponaug Babe Ruth Baseball League is pleased to announce our Registration Dates for the upcoming 2018 Baseball season. We strongly encourage online registration. Just click on the link and register. For those of you that prefer to register in-person, we will be holding 1 in-person registration and we will register players at the Minor and Major Division Tryouts.
In Person walk in registrations:
Saturday, February 10, 2018 9am - 12pm @ Warwick Police Station
Saturday, March 3, 2018 @ Winman JR High School
Apponaug Baseball offers the opportunity for youths, ages 4 - 12, to play organized baseball. ABRBL is a community-oriented Cal Ripken Baseball League. Our goal: for our players and their families to Learn the Game, Play Fair, Respect Each Other, Play Hard, and Have Fun! Start building a solid baseball foundation in one of Apponaug’s 4 Baseball Divisions. Experience the thrill of Little League Baseball and create memories for a lifetime with your child!
Any resident of Warwick, East Greenwich, or any student enrolled in a school within these areas, is eligible to play baseball. In addition, we offer:
- Home of the 2017 8 Year Old & 11 Year Old Cal Ripken All-Star State Champions
- Tee Ball, Rookie, and Minor Divisions - focus on baseball fundamentals: hitting, throwing, pitching & catching
- Major Division – 50/70 Lighted Playing Field (the same as 11U & 12U AAU)
Our Majors specialize in the following skills:
o Pitching – Holding runners on and pitch counts
o Base Running – Learn to Lead, steal and base running situations
o Catching – How to give signals, holding runners on bases, throwing out base runners
o Infield – Basic Fielding Fundamentals, holding runners on and fielding situations
o Outfield – Basic Outfield Fundamentals and fielding situations
o Hitting – Fundamental Hitting, bunting and learning the strike zone
- All Star Teams - for ages 8-12, challenge yourself to compete against other leagues around the State and beyond. In 2017, we had two State Champions who went on to compete at the New England Regional Tournaments.
- Learn from the Pros - Apponaug hosts professional coaching instructor sessions throughout the season for coaches and players to work on their skills.
-Fun league-wide events: player & parent HR Derby contest, pasta dinner, Pawsox Night, end of year party, Local/State/Regional Tournaments and other community events. Come thrive in a competitive, learning, and FUN environment.
Spring 2018 Registration Fees
T-Ball (Ages 4-6): $85 Minors (Ages 8-11): $125
Rookie (Ages 6-8): $95 Majors (Ages 10-12): $125
Family Registration Max: $225
For more information, send email to Julie Roberts, President Julrob9@aol.com
Apponaug Cal Ripken Baseball is open to youths who were born between 5/1/2005 – 4/30/2014.
As always, thank you for being a part of our league. Please pass this email on to your neighbors and friends who also have kids in this age group that would like to play baseball.
We will look forward to seeing you soon.
The ABRBL Board of Directors.